Directions for taking Himalaya Diabecon
2 tablets twice daily, 30 minutes before meals on an empty stomach. Not intended as a substitute for blood sugar level testing or professional medical care. If
needed, may increase to 2 tablets three times daily. Natural products treat not just the symptoms but the body as a whole and take time for absorption and results.
Himalaya Diabecon Tablets are approximately 11mm in diameter and 2mm in thickness. They are easy to swallow
Diabecon ingredients and composition
- Guggul (Commiphora wightii) (purified) 30mg
- Shilajeet (purified) 30mg
- Meshashringi / Gymnema (Gymnema sylvestre) 30mg
- Pitasara / Indian Kino Tree (Pterocarpus marsupium) 20mg
- Yashti-madhu / Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 20mg
- Saptarangi (Casearia esculenta) 20mg
- Jambu (Eugenia jambolana Syn. Syzygium cumini)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) 20mg
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) 20mg
- Mundatika (Sphaeranthus indicus) 10mg
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) 10mg
- Kairata (Swertia chirata Syn. S.chirayita) 10mg
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) 10mg
- Bhumyaamlaki (Phyllanthus amarus) 10mg
- Gumbhari (Gmelina arborea) 10mg
- Karpasi (Gossypium herbaceum) 10mg
- Daru haridra (Berberis aristata) 5mg
- Kumari (Aloe vera Syn. A.barbadensis) 5mg
- Triphala 3mg
Processed in Udumbara (Ficus racemosa), Babbula (Acacia arabica), Puga (Areca catechu), Ashvagandha (Withania somnifera), Tagara (Valeriana wallichii), Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum), Chandana (Santalum album), Sunthi (Zingiber officinale), Jambu (Eugenia jambolana).
- Sushavi (Momordica charantia) 20mg
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) 10mg
- Vishnu priya (Ocimum sanctum Syn.
- Atibala (Abutilon indicum) 10mg
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) 10mg
- Jungli palak (Rumex maritimus) 5mg
- Vidangadi lauham 27mg
- Vang bhasma 5mg
- Abhrak bhasma 10mg
- Praval bhasma 10mg
- Akik pishti 5mg
- Shingraf 5mg
- Yashad bhasma 5mg
- Trikatu 5mg
Herb & Mineral Extracts and Powders in Diabecon
How does Diabecon help maintain normal sugar levels?
Diabecon is a synergistic blend of various herbs and minerals recommended by Ayurveda for maintaining blood glucose levels.
- Guggul (Commiphora wightii) regulates lipid and cholesterol synthesis. Guggulsterones are the active components in Guggul which causes reduced cholesterol and lipids in the blood. It also has a protective effect on beta cells in pancreas improving natural insulin production. Its antioxidant effects help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Gymnema / Meshashringi (Gymnema sylvestre) - has molecules that are similar to sugar molecules. By filling the sugar receptor locations in the intestines they prevent absorption into the blood stream. Gymnema has also been shown to promote insulin production in the pancreas.
- Shilajeet is a famous natural exudate from the Himalayan mountains. It is a mineral compound that is considered to have many benefits for the body including rejuvenation, anti-aging and detoxification. It is also considered beneficial for balancing blood sugar.
- Pitasara / (Pterocarpus marsupium) is recommended for regenerating pancreatic beta cells. This supports normal insulin production by the body.
- Yashti-Madhu or Licorice is known to stabilize blood sugar levels by preventing low blood sugar. Researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics in Berlin have now discovered that liquorice root also contains substances called amorfrutins that help reduce blood sugar and are beneficial for metabolism.
- Karela / Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia) is an excellent herb/vegetable for maintaining blood sugar levels. It is a powerful detoxifier. Other other bitter herbs such as Triphala (Amalaki, Vibhitaki, Haritaki) and Haridra / Turmeric present in Diabecon also have these properties.
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)which literally means renewal helps protect and renew damaged nephron cells caused by high blood sugar levels. It provides kidney, liver and pancreatic support.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) helps to stimulate insulin secretion.
- Kairata (Swertia chirata) is a herb known for its bitter taste. Traditionally decoctions of Swertia chirata have been used to protect the liver, and to maintain blood sugar and blood pressure. It is known for its hypoglycemic, hepatoprotective and anthelmintic properties.
- Mundatika (Sphaeranthus indicus) A bitter, pungent herb - it has traditionally been used for the liver, skin, blood sugar and respiratory conditions.
Does Diabecon have any side effects?
Diabecon is a blend of herbs and is considered a safe and gentle herbal supplement that helps maintain normal blood sugar levels.
It has not been known to cause any side effects or to have any drug contra-indications when taken as per the recommended dosage.
As with any other health supplement, pregnant and nursing women are advised to consult their doctor before taking it.
Diabecon from Himalaya Herbals
Himalaya Diabecon is from the renowned Himalaya Herbals brand endorsed by over 250,000 doctors worldwide and used by customers in over 60 countries. Himalaya Herbals products have been researched clinically and standardized to guarantee bioequivalence. Bioequivalence refers to ensuring that the product on the market is equivalent to the one on which clinical trials were successfully conducted. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare uses chromatographic fingerprinting, one of the most sophisticated standardization techniques, to ensure consistent quality and performance
The benefits of diabecon and its safety and efficacy in maintaining normal blood sugar levels have been subjected to various clinical studies which have been published in medical journals such as the The Antiseptic 2004, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2005, The Indian Practitioner, (1997).
Himalaya Herbals Company
Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2015; 6: 308.
A Review of Swertia chirayita (Gentianaceae) as a Traditional Medicinal Plant
Pharmacognosy Review. 2013 Jul-Dec; 7(14): 157–169.
Review on Sphaeranthus indicus Linn. (Koṭṭaikkarantai)
Other Products for sugar control