Why is prostate health important?
The prostate gland is located beneath the urinary bladder and wrapped around the urethra. It has two lobes surrounded by a layer of outer tissue. The prostate goes through two main periods of growth. The prostate first grows in early puberty when it almost doubles in size and then grows again in the mid-20s. Prostate enlargement is a common part of aging, and happens to almost all men as they get older. This gland has an important role to play in both urination and reproduction. It is therefore important to maintain optimum prostate health.
How does Himplasia act in maintaining prostate health?
Himplasia is a combination of herbs like Tribulus terrestris, Caesalpinia bonducella, Areca catechu, Asparagus racemosus and Crataeva nurvala. It acts by inhibiting the enzyme 5 alpha reductase that is responsible for the conversion of testosterone. This helps to decrease the production of dihydrotestosterone or DHT that helps to reduce prostate size. Himplasia also possesses alpha-receptor blocking activity thus improving urinary flow and maintaining bladder and prostate health.
It helps to completely void the bladder and urinary tract thus preventing any urine stagnation and consequent bacterial growth. Urine voidance also helps to reduce dribbling. The soothing, cooling nature of the herbs Shatavari, Varuna and Aloe vera help to reduce burning sensations while urinating.
As a daily supplement Himplasia helps to provide ongoing support for a healthy prostate.
What are the herbs in Himplasia and how do they promote prostatic health?
Himplasia Ingredients (Per Tablet):
- Small caltrops / Gokshura / (Tribulus terrestris) 140mg: The principal constituent in this herb is
harmine. It has diuretic properties which is recommended in Ayurveda for urinary tract and kidney health. In addition it is tonic and aphrodisiac in nature and is considered helpful in increasing
semen quantity. The plant and seeds have cardiotonic activity. Tribulus terrestris also helps in supporting the genitourinary
Studies show it prevents calcium oxalate crystallization and flushes the urinary tract. 2 It also helps to protect the kidneys against oxidative stress and reduces plasma creatinine and urea nitrogen concentrations 3
- Bonduc nut / Putikaranja / (Caesalpinia bonducella) 120mg: Also known as Fever Nut and Psychic Nut, this herb is found in the plains and upto an altitude of 1000 meters in the Himalayas. These nuts have long been used in indigenous medicine as an anti-periodic and recent pharmacological studies have
also shown it to have diuretic, anti-pyretic, adaptogenic, and muscle contractile properties. A study showed that it has 5α-reductase inhibitory activity 4
- Areca nut palm / Puga / (Areca catechu) 100mg: Arecanut contains several alkaloids belonging to the pyridine group.
The most important of them physiologically is arecoline The polyphenols
of ripe arecanut contain predominantly polymerized leucocyanidins
besides as well as small amounts of (+)-cetechin, leucopelargonidin
and leucocyanidin. The polyphenolic substances of arecanuts, generally
termed tannins, are responsible for the physiological action.
non-alkaloid fractions of arecanuts are said to possess anti-microbial
properties. The powdered nuts are used in Ayurveda for diarrhea and urinary
issues. The dried nuts are also said to sweeten the breath, strengthen the gums,
and produce a stimulant and exhilarant effect on the system. It is considered to have very high antioxidant activity5
- Asparagus / Shatavari /(Asparagus racemosus) 80mg: Shatavari is a well known herb that supports the male and female reproductive system. It contains triterpene saponins - Shatavarin I - IV, which are phytoestrogen
compounds. It has demulcent, diuretic, aphrodisiac and galactagogue properties. Studies have also shown protective effects on kidneys and against stony concentrations in urinary tract and bladder6
- Three leaved caper / Varuna / (Cratavea nurvala) 80mg: This deciduous tree is found throughout India, especially
along the river banks. It is considered to be diuretic, lithontriptic, demulcent and
tonic. The bark contains ceryl alcohol, friedelin, lupeol,
betulinic acid and diosgenin.
It is recommended in traditional ayurveda for normal urinary flow, urinary tract health and prevention of renal and vesical calculi. A 2018 study showed that this herb helped to control urinary flow and reduced urinary urgency7
- Processed agate / Akika pishti 80mg: Akik pishti is the powder of Agate which is crushed together with the juices of the Aloe Vera plant, Ketaki flowers (Pandanus odoratissimus), Jalapippali (Phyla nodiflora) and Banana stem. It is processed at high heat and then cooled. This is a cardiac tonic that supports heart rythm. It is also used for digestive issues, burning sensation in the eyes, digestive issues and uterine issues
- Acacia Tree / Babbula(Acacia nilotica): Babool is an astringent and cooling herb that is used in Ayurvedic medicine for urinary tract health
- Horse Gram / Kulattha(Dolichos biflorus): Horse gram is commonly used as a herbal remedy for urinary tract health. It shows adipogenesis inhibitory activity. The rich protein content of horse gram endows it with beneficial properties. It is rich in iron and considered beneficial for the kidneys and bladder.
- Kumari / Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is a soothing herb whose properties help to alleviate swelling and burning sensations. It is a tonic for the digestive system. It is used in traditional healing systems for vaginal issues and skincare. It also helps to ease bowel movements.
Himplasia Tablet Ingredients
Directions for taking Himplasia
1 tablet to be taken twice daily with meals. Allow several weeks for benefits. The use of natural products provides progressive but long-lasting results.
Appropriate urodynamic monitoring can be used to assess response to treatment or as directed by your physician.
Does Himplasia have side effects?
Himplasia is not known to have any side effects if taken as per the prescribed dosage.
Prostate health management requires a long-term approach. Since Himplasia does not have harmful side effects, it ensures patient compliance
Does Himplasia have any drug interactions?
As per the manufacturer, no clinically significant drug interactions have been reported.
If you are taking prescription blood pressure medicine or any other diuretic medicines please exercise caution and inform your doctor as Himplasia also has a diuretic effect.
Himplasia should be used with caution in patients with uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate.
Himplasia from Himalaya Herbals
Himplasia is from the renowned Himalaya Herbals brand endorsed by over 250,000 doctors worldwide and used by customers in over 60 countries. Himalaya Herbals products have been researched clinically and standardized to guarantee bioequivalence. Bioequivalence refers to ensuring that the product on the market is equivalent to the one on which clinical trials were successfully conducted. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare uses chromatographic fingerprinting, one of the most sophisticated standardization techniques, to ensure consistent quality and performance
Currently BPH treatment has many limitations. Patients not only have to deal with non-compliance, escalating cost and side effects in a drug therapy but also have to face the problems that can arise from a surgical procedure, which include hospitalization, blood transfusion, urinary tract infection, urethral stricture and development of urinary incontinence.
Clinical Studies and Research on Himalaya Herbals Himplasia:
Himplasia has been subjected to clinical studies and its benefits and safety for prostate health have been recorded in medical journals.
Prostate conventional medication:
Conventional treatment for the prostate includes prescription medications such as Finasteride and Terazosin. However both medications can cause severe side effects. Finasteride has been said to cause impotence, decreased sexual drive and pain in the testicles. Terazosin can cause nausea, dizziness, low blood pressure, heart palpitations and vision problems.
Surgery is sometimes also prescribed to remove some or all of the prostate - however apart from the general discomfort caused by surgery, there is also a risk of irreversible impotence.
1. Himalaya Herbals Company
2. PLoS One. 2017 Aug 28;12(8):e0183218. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0183218. eCollection 2017.
Response surface methodology based extraction of Tribulus terrestris leads to an upsurge of antilithiatic potential by inhibition of calcium oxalate crystallization processes.
Kaushik J, Tandon S, Gupta V, Nayyar J, Singla SK, Tandon C.
3. Iran Journal of Kidney Diseases. 2014 Jul;8(4):292-8.
Protective effects of Tribulus terrestris L extract against acute kidney injury induced by reperfusion injury in rats.
Najafi H, Firouzifar MR, Shafaat O, Changizi Ashtiyani S, Hosseini N.
4 Andrologia. 2014 Aug;46(6):592-601. doi: 10.1111/and.12115. Epub 2013 May 26.
Evaluation of 5α-reductase inhibitory activity of certain herbs useful as antiandrogens.
Nahata A, Dixit VK.
5. Life Sciences Volume 73, Issue 2, 30 May 2003, Pages 167-179
Screening of medicinal plant extracts for antioxidant activity
Si EunLeeaHyun JinHwangbJung-SunHaaHan-SeungJeongcJeong HeeKima
6. Indian Journal of Pharmacology. 2012 Sep-Oct;44(5):576-9. doi: 10.4103/0253-7613.100378.
Study of antiurolithiatic activity of Asparagus racemosus on albino rats.
Jagannath N1, Chikkannasetty SS, Govindadas D, Devasankaraiah G.
7.BMC Complementary and Alternative Med. 2018 Jan 31;18(1):42. doi: 10.1186/s12906-018-2101-4.
Urox containing concentrated extracts of Crataeva nurvala stem bark, Equisetum arvense stem and Lindera aggregata root, in the treatment of symptoms of overactive bladder and urinary incontinence: a phase 2, randomised, double-blind placebo controlled trial.
Schoendorfer N, Sharp N, Seipel T, Schauss AG, Ahuja KDK.
Other Male Health Products