1. Portions - Portion control is possibly one of the most effective ways to lose weight fast and without frustration. Reduce your portions - just eat half of what is on your plate, either at home or in a restaurant and keep the remainder for next time.
2. Go meatless - Take meat off the menu for a few meals during the week. Substitute with soy proteins or legumes or kidney beans. Even mushrooms like portobello are great burger substitutes. Try veggie burgers and falafel.
3. Spicy food - Spiking your food with spices not only makes them tastier but healthier as well. Furthermore spices like hot peppers have been shown to raise the metabolic rate by almost 50% for a few hours after meals.
4. Everyday exercise- Take the stairs whenever possible. Park your car furthest from the store. Take a walk to the water cooler once every hour (you'll also get 8 cups of water that way!). Stretch whenever possible - whether standing or sitting. Even standing straight for 5-10 minutes against the wall helps.
5. Drink water - Drinking adequate water helps to detoxify the body, encourages metabolism and also keeps hunger pangs at bay.
6. Alternative dinners - Try having cereal & milk for dinner ...or pita & hummus...or fruit & yogurt or a big meatless salad. Anything that is light yet filling.
7. Herbal Supplements - Try herbal ayurvedic supplements that have no side effects like Ayurslim. It is a totally herbal composition of herbs like Garcinia, Gymnema, Guggul, Haritaki, Medhika - all proven fat burning, cholesterol lowering & glucose metabolizing agents.