Almost half of all fertility problems faced by couples is due to male factors. It is therefore important for men to get examined and tested treatment greatly enhances chances of a conception.
Causes of Male Fertility problems:
1. Low sperm count - Abnormal or low sperm count accounts for 25% of male infertility problems
2. Poor sperm quality and motility - Sometimes even if the sperm count is normal, sperm quality with relation to shape and size can be poor. Sperm may also not be able to swim. This can cause the sperm to be unable to swim and penetrate the egg.
3. Anti-sperm antibodies - These antibodies may be attacking the sperm thus destroying them before they can reach the egg
4. Varicocoeles are veins that form abnormally over the testicles and act as obstructions.
5. There can be obstructions between the testicles and penis as well
6. Problems in ejaculation can also be the cause of infertility
Ayurvedic herbs that help in boosting male fertility:
The following herbs are recommended by Ayurveda to improve male fertility. These not only act as aphrodisiacs but also help to boost testosterone and other male fertility hormones that promote sperm production and ejaculation.
- Orchis Mascula
- Tribulus terrestris
- Hygrophila auriculata
- Lactuca scariola
- Mucuna pruriens
- Argyreia speciosa
- Leptadenia reticulata
- Parmelia perlata
Speman is a formulation that contains all the above herbs in proportions recommended by ayurvedic principles. Clinical studies have shown that Speman helps maintain normal sperm count, quality and morphology. Speman also helps to improve libido, energy and promotes normal ejaculation.